Exposes students to the basic trends of criminal behavior as it relates to gangs in America and the causative and contributory factors of gang behavior. It explores the general personality, intellectual and social perspectives of criminal behavior as it relates to gangs.
- Identify the current issues facing the nation with respect to criminal street gangs.
- Discuss the responsibilities of the police and prosecution with respect to gang suppression, intervention, and prevention.
- Discuss the role of the school system, prison system, and prosecuting attorney in addressing the gang problem.
- Describe the current trends in the public and private sector in addressing gang issues.
- Describe the best practices that have been developed in attending to gang issues on a national level.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.