Introduction to Community Health
Consideration of the interrelationships and interdependencies between individuals, families, groups, organizations, communities, and societies and their effects on health status. High level wellness, health, and disease are distinguished. Concepts are developed based on the evolution of public health in civilizations as well as contemporary influences.
- Define ecological concepts of public health.
- Describe the field of public health, including its origins and contemporary status.
- Distinguish between levels of prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation aimed at improving health status.
- List major health challenges throughout the lifespan, including consideration of gender, socioeconomic status, race and gender.Explain the range of community health services at local, state, and national levels according to sponsorship, mission, programs, financing, personnel, and regulation.
- Assess the interactions and interdependence of biological, psychological, social, and systems factors affecting health.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.