The Help Industry Scholarship
Full-Tuition Opportunity for Returning and Prospective Students
As home of the Help Industry, National University is committed to offering affordable higher education opportunities to individuals who build, serve, and support our communities. To thank you for your service, National University is offering returning and prospective students in the military, health care, and education fields a chance at one of six full-tuition scholarships.
- Must be a new student or a returning student who has not taken a course in the last 12 months
- Must be a degree-seeking student looking to complete a bachelor’s or master’s program
- Assumes eight courses per year (maximum 20 courses) for bachelor’s-seeking students and 10 courses per year (maximum 12 courses) for master’s-seeking students*
- Scholarships are not applicable to nursing, doctoral, associate, or credential programs**
- Must meet minimum NU admissions eligibility and be in good academic standing
- Must submit a FAFSA and complete the financial aid application process
- Must apply and begin attending courses within the first three months of admission
- Must maintain full-time status (eight classes/36 quarter units) and be in continuous attendance to receive scholarship
- Recipients must maintain good standing with the Student Accounts Office to ensure continuation of their award
- Students must not have any disciplinary actions filed against them
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, students who wish to apply for a Help Industry Scholarship should submit the following:
Recipients of the Help Industry Scholarship will be selected by a committee chosen by National University and made up of representatives from the Sanford College of Education, College of Professional Studies — Nursing and Health Sciences, and our Military Admissions department.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by February 1, 2021.
Non-Discrimination: University scholarships do not discriminate or request information to make award decisions based on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medication conditions), creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Terms and Conditions:
National University’s scholarships are considered “last dollar” tuition scholarships. The student must immediately notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarship funds that are awarded as they are considered a resource to a student’s ability to meet educational costs.
Scholarship awards are credited directly to the student’s financial accounts and only applied toward the tuition costs for academic courses that meet the intended degree objective. This does not include course fees, textbooks, and other costs outside of tuition.
*Students with less than an associate degree or 90 quarter-units in transfer may be eligible to receive funding for more than 20 courses. Master’s-degree seeking students who enroll in programs that require more than 12 courses may be eligible for additional funding.
**BSN (RN Completion) and MSN (RN Completion) are eligible for the health care scholarship.