Licensed Vocational Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (L.V.N.-TO-B.S.N.) (California)
Departmental Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the LVN-BSN program, candidates must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Have completed the National University undergraduate admission process
- Hold a current, active license to practice as a licensed vocational nurse in the state of California
- Submit the appropriate Nursing program application
- Attend a Pre-Nursing Program Information Forum
- Complete all prerequisites courses
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills
- Complete a proctored written essay
- Submit the appropriate nursing program application
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop caring, therapeutic nursing relationships with individuals, families and groups.
- Provide safe, high quality, culturally competent, patient-centered nursing care for individuals across the life span in a variety of settings.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of nursing care quality and safety.
- Use nursing judgment to manage, prioritize, and delegate patient care in a variety of health care settings.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate professional identity by incorporating established standards of practice within the legal and ethical framework of nursing.
- Apply best, current evidence into nursing practice to achieve desired outcomes.
- ENG 100 Effective College English I
- ENG 101 Effective College English II
- COM 103 Public Speaking
- BST 322 Intro to Biomedical Statistics
- ILR 260 Information Literacy
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiol I
- BIO 201A Human Anatomy & Physiol Lab I
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiol II
- BIO 202A Human Anatomy & Physiol Lab II
- BIO 203 Introductory Microbiology
- BIO 203A Introductory Microbiology Lab
- NSG 310 Professional Nursing Values
- NSG 403 Nursing Theories and Models
- NSG 212 Health Assessment
- NSG 212A Health Assessment Lab
- NSG 304 Pharmacology in Nursing
- NSG 422 Nursing Research
- NSG 330 Medical-Surgical Nursing II
- NSG 330A Medical-Surgical II Clinical
- NSG 335 Psychosocial Nursing
- NSG 335A Psychosocial Nursing Clinical
- NSG 305 Pharmacology in Nursing II
- NSG 460 Community Healthcare I
- NSG 460A Community Healthcare I Lab
- NSG 462 Community Healthcare II
- NSG 462A Community Healthcare II Lab
- NSG 340 Nursing Leadership/Management
- NSG 340A Leadership/Management Clinical
- NSG 440 Professional Issues in Nursing