FNP684B Women and Children Practicum
Application of theoretical knowledge in supervised clinical settings in the practice of caring for women and children. The role of the Family Nurse Practitioner in health promotion and disease prevention is emphasized. Required 180 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. FNP 684A and FNP 684B must be taken concurrently. Grading is S/U only.
- Apply knowledge and skills specific to the care of women and children within a family context when making clinical judgments.
- Identify the role of the advanced practice nurse caring for women and children within a family context.
- Integrate teaching/learning strategies in the delivery of care to support advanced practice nursing of women and children within the family.
- Utilize advanced leadership and consultant principles in the delivery of primary obstetric, gynecologic, and pediatric care.
- Apply professional standards of advanced practice nursing in caring for children and adolescents.