NSG622 QI & Project/Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
Centers on identifying and developing the skills needed by leaders in today's healthcare arena. Students will employ the concept of leadership in the four key domains of advanced practice: clinical practice environments, the nursing profession, at the systems level, and in the health policy arena.
- Use an interdisciplinary approach to analyze information regarding quality initiatives in order to improve patient outcomes across the continuum of care.
- Compare and contrast quality improvement models.
- Lead quality improvement initiatives that integrate factors affecting the delivery of nursing and healthcare services.
- Quantify the impact of improvement efforts on quality and safety.
- Design and implement quality improvement initiatives that integrate socio-cultural factors that affect any/all healthcare services.