NSG447 Qual Improvement
This course introduces the concepts, techniques, strategies and metrics of quality improvement using the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) framework. Patient care quality and safety in the context of structure, process and outcomes in care delivery are explored. Identification of improvement opportunities, action plan development and outcomes evaluation through project management are addressed.
- Discuss the evolution of the QSEN competencies and how they are utilized.
- Employ the tools of process improvement theory to understand the meaning of different types of variation in clinical metrics.
- Use best evidence, measurement standards, and benchmarks to determine the stability of care systems, processes, and outcomes.
- Apply project management skills to plan a quality improvement project.
- Discuss common performance measures of nurse sensitive indicators that are used to monitor the quality of care.