NSG600 Advanced Practice Nursing
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
This course explores the role of the Advanced Practice Nurse within a changing health care environment, focusing on role theory and role development related to advanced practice. Leadership skills are developed for independent practice and collaboration within multidisciplinary professional and organizational frameworks.
- Apply the concepts of role theory and role development to advanced practice.
- Integrate management and leadership theories into the understanding of the advanced practice role.
- Assume a leadership role within the context of an inter-professional team using effective communication skills.
- Mentor and coach new and experienced nurses along with other healthcare team members.
- Design systems change strategies targeting improvement of the care environment.
- Evaluate new models of care delivery and coordination, and systems that support health care.