ANE660 Nurse Anesthesia Clinical I
Provides supervised clinical practicum experience for the student nurse anesthetist to begin administering anesthesia to patients with minimal co-morbidities or complex anesthesia requirements. The student will engage in the entire perioperative course under the direct supervision of a CRNA or Anesthesiologist.
- Develop and apply perioperative anesthesia management plans at the basic level for a variety of clinical settings.
- Formulate fundamental clinical practice knowledge to the practice of perioperative anesthesia management.
- Evaluate the influence of the individual's health status on the delivery of perioperative nurse anesthesia care.
- Support policies and procedures of the operating room environment that affect perioperative anesthesia care and management.
- Evaluate practice and integrate current research as related to anesthesia for the purpose of continuous improvement and evidence based practice.