CLS310 Clinical Virology
Lead Faculty: Philip Payne
Exploration of viral structure, classification, properties and interaction of viruses with cells, organisms and populations.Viral cultivation, the laboratory diagnosis of viral infections,and prevention and control of infection.
- 1.Describe the structure and properties of different types of viruses
- List the steps in correct sequence of viral replication in the host.
- Compare and contrast 5 major methods used in the detection and identification of human viruses.
- Distinguish between 4 points of action of antivirals in the virus life cycle.
- Design a plan for the prevention and control of viral infection in a hospital laboratory.