HCA600 U.S. Healthcare System
Course DescriptionUS healthcare system overview, including terminology, components of healthcare delivery systems, financing, personnel, regulation, delivery and consumers. Consideration of the effects of public policy on services.
- Identify major trends in the US healthcare system.
- Interpret consequences of key events on professions, organizations and financing of care.
- Differentiate between various healthcare delivery and financing systems.
- Relate changes in access, cost and quality of care to various perspectives and stakeholders.
- Identify concerns of the US healthcare system in the global context.
- Design alternative approaches to address significant health care issues.
- Explain consumer behavior in health services settings.