HCA401 Intro to HA HR Management
Concepts of human resources in healthcare organizations, such as training, motivation and direction. Elements of employee selection, compensation, financial incentives, work standards, and leadership principles in healthcare organization considered.
- Describe management of human resources within healthcare organizations.
- Trace the evolution of contemporary healthcare human resources management.
- Identify current trends and critical human resource management issues associated with various categories of healthcare professionals in healthcare organizations.
- List the social, legal, and economic environments impacting management of human resources in healthcare.
- Discuss various aspects of human resources management such as employee motivation, leadership development and practices, conflict resolution strategies, change management, and development of a customer-centered focus.
- Illustrate technical healthcare human resource management functions: including job design and analysis, staff recruitment and selection methods, employee training and development, performance management techniques, and principles of compensation and fringe benefit management.
- Review legal and regulatory issues involved in organized labor/collective bargaining units.