COH401 Health Promotion Concepts
Designed for entry-level professionals, covers the evolving profession of health promotion. Principles and practice of health promotion included. Essential core knowledge and skills considered. Health promotion's link to other health and human service endeavors reviewed. Challenges to health promotion included.
- Analyze health promotion's role within the ecology of public health.
- Describe the evolution of health promotion from health education, including the origins and contemporary status.
- Describe contributions of behavior to major causes of morbidity and mortality.
- Assess the contributions of the built and natural environment to behaviors affecting health.
- Explain the relationships among policies, behaviors, and environments with health outcomes.
- Illustrate broad influence of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion on health promotion domestically and internationally.
- Assess the contribution of health promotion to the mission of public, non-profit, and private agencies.
- Evaluate potential and actual contributions health promotion makes to public health.