Learn to inspire K-12 learners with diverse needs in the Inspired Teaching and Learning Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential program and internship option. This program is designed for candidates who want to ensure their students experience social emotional thriving, meaningful academic achievement, and equitable and inclusive learning communities. The program and courses meet the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) requirements for a Preliminary Multiple Subject teaching credential. Candidates are required to successfully complete foundation courses, multiple subject credential method courses, and a clinical practice path (student teaching or internship).
*Please Note: Students need to satisfy/pass the Basic Skills Requirement (e.g., CBEST) and Subject Matter Competency Requirement (e.g., CSET) early (prior to Credential Area Methods coursework) into their programs to avoid interruptions to program progress and/or financial aid arrangements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate the knowledge needed for engaging and supporting K-12 learners and creating and maintaining effective learning environments
- Integrate the knowledge needed for making subject matter comprehensible for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for designing and planning learning experiences for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for assessing all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate the knowledge needed for being a legal, ethical, and professional educator for all K-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Reflect critically about professional beliefs and practices in the application of teaching and learning principles needed to inspire K-12 learners as well as being an inspired teacher.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education