The ACCUPLACER Test
ACCUPLACER is a computer adaptive placement test that measures skills in math and English. ACCUPLACER is designed to place you in the most appropriate National University math and English courses.
ACCUPLACER Testing Locations
To ensure that you have the adequate skills to succeed in your academic career, it is required that all undergraduate students complete the ACCUPLACER exam within 30 days after enrolling at National University. ACCUPLACER testing is conveniently given at most NU centers. Contact the center nearest you to verify ACCUPLACER testing locations and lab hours.
- Be prepared to show a picture ID and have your NU student ID number available to begin the exam.
- There is no time limit on the exam; it takes on average two hours to complete both the math and English exams.
- No books, notes, calculator, or other materials may be used on the exam.
- Scratch paper will be provided for you.
- Your score report is available as soon as you complete the exam.
- The results of your exam will be automatically recorded on your student screen within three business days.
If you are enrolled in an online program, you will need a proctor to administer the ACCUPLACER exam for you. For more information on how to proctor please see Proctor eForm in the left navigation menu, click on the link. For information about who qualifies as a proctor, please go to the Online Accuplacer page.