NSG606 Health Policy & Finance
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
Addresses the acquisition of knowledge and skills to promote health, help shape the health delivery system, and advance values through policy processes and advocacy. The intricacies of the organization and financing of healthcare delivery systems and the effect of health policies on healthcare delivery are the foci.
- Analyze the economic, legal, and political factors that influence the structure and financing of healthcare, practice, and health outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of institutional, local, state, and federal policy.
- Advocate for policies that improve the health of the public and the profession of nursing.
- Develop evidence-based, fiscally sound policies for use in clinical practice.
- Examine the ethical and value-based frameworks that guide policy making for healthcare.
- Develop an understanding of the principles of healthcare economics, finance, payment methods, and the relationships between policy and health economics.