ANE620 Advanced Pharmacology I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bryan Tune
Course DescriptionThis is the first of two courses that provide the base of information necessary for advanced clinical prescribing of medications. It includes pharmacokinetics, pharmocodynamics and pharmacotherapeutics. Within each class of therapeutic drugs, the course examines drug actions, interactions, reactions, and contraindications. The course will also include principles of prescribing and patient compliance.
- Appraise the primary pharmacokinetic mechanisms that underlie drug function.
- Evaluate the pharmacodynamics associated with individual drugs.
- Value idiosyncrasies in specific pharmacological agents.
- Judge drug classification catagories and their anticipated effect.
- Examine pharmacologic prescription and/or dispensing laws and regulations for the advanced practice nurse.