RTT 481 Internship II
Continuation of clinical internship practice. This course focuses on specific principles and techniques utilized for assigned cancer treatments. Students will demonstrate clinical competencies in the application of specific radiation therapy techniques. Requires 136 hours/quarter unit and 2 hours of classroom meeting/week.Grading is by S or U only.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in common radiation therapy simulations.
- Demonstrate competence in providing patient education.
- Demonstrate competence in recognizing inconsistencies between prescription, treatment plan and treatment.
- Demonstrate competence in construction of immobilization, beam modification and set up devices.
- Demonstrate professional values and characteristics.
- Demonstrate competence in assessing patient side effects and providing appropriate care.
- Demonstrate competence in basic treatment planning procedures.