RTT 480 Internship I
Content is designed to provide sequential development, application, analysis, integration, synthesis and evaluation of concepts and theories in radiation therapy. Objectives and competencies in this course focus on patient-centered care, team work principles, introduction to and safety procedures for treatment and simulation equipment, and lower level treatment procedures. Requires 101 hours/quarter unit and 2 hours of classroom meeting/week.
- Demonstrate appropriate interaction with patients and their families, colleagues, physicians and physicists.
- Perform patient assessment and obtain and record patient vital signs.
- Observe patient consults, treatment checks and follow-up.
- Demonstrate control of the accelerator pendant.
- Demonstrate appropriate team work skills.
- Demonstrate procedures taken prior to a simulation.
- Demonstrate simulation procedures on a variety of cancer treatments and techniques.
- Demonstrate competence in treatment set-up and delivery for selected treatment types.
- Demonstrate competence in simulation for selected types of diseases.
- Demonstrate competence in following infection control procedures and universal precautions.
- Complete all required patient care objectives and treatment/simulation competencies.