CLS 305 Clinical Immunology
Lead Faculty: Mr. Philip Payne
Explores the immune system structure and function in health and disease. Topics include hypersensitivity, autoimmunity, immunodeficiency, transplant and tumor immunology, flow cytometry and other immunological techniques.
- Compare and contrast innate vs adaptive immunity.
- Distinguish the five main immunoglobulins, including their structure, occurrence and properties.
- Compare and contrast the immunological techniques used in the detection of bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections.
- Describe the basic principles of flow cytometry and its clinical applications.
- Describe the techniques used in histocompatability and their applications.