Specialization in Healthcare Administration
Dr. Gina Piane
The Specialization in Healthcare Administration will prepare MPH students for leadership positions in public and private healthcare. Healthcare management involves the organization, financing and delivery of services to prevent and treat illness and disease. h andHuman Services
Program Learning Outcomes
- Conduct financial analysis, explain financial and accounting information, and make long-term investment decisions for a healthcare organization.
- Apply healthcare management methods to healthcare organizations
- Use administrative and health information technology to develop process and performance improvement plans.
- Incorporate the principles of quality management for improving outcomes in healthcare organizations.
- Synthesize best practices in healthcare leadership.
Requirements for the Specialization (8 courses; 36 quarter units)