HTM 680 Health Informatics Case Study
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Health informatics case study requiring analysis and synthesis of complex human, financial, and technical resources for the strategic use of information technology in a healthcare organization. Students study best practice case studies and make recommendations considering organizational dynamics and technical and market knowledge in a simulated healthcare environment.
- Explain the relationships between a healthcare business, clinical problem or opportunity and a health informatics solution.
- Analyze the organizational, cultural and political climate and current conditions in a healthcare organization and the alignment of organizational and information technology priorities.
- Communicate effectively with healthcare organization stakeholders and articulate decisions through written and oral presentations.
- Apply theoretical methodologies to plan the acquisition and implemention of a health technology system for a healthcare organization.
- Apply basic negotiation skills in a dynamic interactive team environment.
- Evaluate team member skills, organize and manage a team for efficiency, and lead or contribute to a healthcare professional team objective.