HTM 605 Healthcare Info Technologies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
This course is designed to give the student a fundamental knowledge of evolving healthcare informatics and wireless healthcare delivery. Emphasis will be placed on the synergy between information systems and medical services with a focus on the improvement of medical standards and reduction of healthcare cost. Students will receive a comprehensive view of new and evolving e health and the rapid changes I n healthcare delivery models due to the rapid improvement in healthcare information delivery. Informatics, e health and wireless response to the growing healthcare disease and delivery market will be explored.
- Understand how healthcare is being dramatically changed through the use of wireless technology and massive changes in information technology.
- Utilizing new healthcare informatics to elicit and document evidence based helathcare.
- Recognize and document the role of healthcare informatics in improving medical standards and cost reduction.
- Recognize and understand the current and future trends in healthcare informatics.
- Understand the principles of wireless technology in the treatment of patients.
- Understand new evolving models in delivering healthcare and developing new healthcare delivery models using informatics.
- Identify applications of informatics with a focus on providing an integrated view of health.
- Survey evolving healthcare trends.