HCA425 Healthcare Politics & Policy
Lead Faculty: Dr. Suzanne Evans
Consideration of healthcare policy and politics. Consideration of the role of federal, state and local government healthcare public policy impact on health services.
- Explain effects of healthcare policies upon existing delivery systems.
- Describe the political, economic, technological and cultural forces that impact healthcare.
- Discuss private policy making influence on quality and delivery of healthcare services.
- Identify access to care issues affecting various population groups in society.
- Name significant aspects of health personnel policies affecting health service delivery.
- Describe factors affecting health insurance reform affecting government, business, and providers and consumers of healthcare.
- Explain the policy implications of managed care services for meeting healthcare needs of society.
- Discuss influences of international healthcare systems on healthcare reform in the U.S.