COH617 PH Aspects of Violence
Lead Faculty: Dr Gina Piane
Course DescriptionIntimate partner violence, child neglect and abuse, assault, homicide, war and terrorism are explored from a public health perspective. Focus on risk factor reduction and prevention of deaths, disability and human suffering.
- Differentiate among primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of violence
- Critique behavioral and environmental risk factors for violence
- Generate various approaches to violence prevention and control
- Hypothesize theoretical frameworks for violence prevention programs
- Create violence prevention programs by applying Public Health strategies