COH613 Public Health Informatics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Application of information systems and technology to public health practice and research. Information technologies that support and improve the status of individual and community health. Development, deployment and maintenance of these systems. Effective use of data, information and knowledge tools to build manage, merge, retrieve and analyze public health data.
- Discuss informatics as used in Public Health.
- Describe the historical roots of today’s information technology systems.
- Demonstrate the various tools used for information technology.
- Coordinate those tools into systems.
- Investigate solutions in information technology by using web and other research tools.
- Analyze current healthcare information systems.
- Define information technology terminology.
- Evaluate the systems development life cycle.