COH435 PH Communications & Advocacy
Course DescriptionMeans for influencing social environments and public policy affecting public well being. Reaching identified target audiences through a variety of strategies examined. Successful communications and advocacy campaigns reviewed.
- Define concepts of communications and advocacy as they apply to public health.
- Describe the field of public health communications and advocacy.
- Distinguish between levels of commercial and social marketing, persuasive and propaganda communications, lobbying and advocacy.
- Evaluate major health challenges that can be favorably affected through communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Explain the range of strategies and techniques useful to communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Assess the interactions and interdependence of social and health systems influencing the initiation and successes of communications and advocacy campaigns.