COH425 Health and Safety
Lead Faculty: Dr. David Adesanya
Focus is on health and safety management in the workplace. Emphasis is on how to protect employees, reduce illness and injury on the job, and develop a safety culture. OSHA required training, inspections, and postings and labeling will be explored.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on health and safety in the workplace.
- Discuss the role of safety, health and environmental management in an organization.
- Discuss OSHA and Safety and Health Regulations.
- Develop a plan for employee training according to OSHA guidelines.
- Develop a plan for protection of employees acccording to OSHA guidelines.
- Discuss the role of the health department and other governmental agencies in inspection and oversight in business and industry.
- List ten potential food safety hazards found in any eating establishment.