COH425 Health and Safety
Course DescriptionFocus is on health and safety management in the workplace. Emphasis is on how to protect employees, reduce illness and injury on the job, and develop a safety culture. OSHA required training, inspections, and postings and labeling will be explored.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on health and safety in the workplace.
- Discuss the role of safety, health and environmental management in an organization.
- Discuss OSHA and Safety and Health Regulations.
- Develop a plan for employee training according to OSHA guidelines.
- Develop a plan for protection of employees acccording to OSHA guidelines.
- Discuss the role of the health department and other governmental agencies in inspection and oversight in business and industry.
- List ten potential food safety hazards found in any eating establishment.