COH422 Global Health Promotion
Behavioral, environmental, and public policy factors affecting populations. Transportation, emigration, and immigration patterns affect health status. Substantial differences in health status among world's population examined. Course presents a broad understanding of the global aspects of health promotion.
- Define ecological concepts of health promotion from a global perspective.
- Describe the major international health status indicators and their data sources.
- Assess the influence of the Ottawa Charter on health promotion programs in other countries.
- List major behavior change strategies used in selected countries.
- Explain the range of health promotion services at local, state, and national levels for selected countries.
- Compare and contrast the health status of selected countries according to behavioral, environmental, and policy factors.