COH422 Global Health Promotion
Lead Faculty: Dr. David Adesanya
Behavioral, environmental, and public policy factors affecting populations. Transportation, emigration, and immigration patterns affect health status. Substantial differences in health status among world's population examined. Course presents a broad understanding of the global aspects of health promotion.
- Define ecological concepts of health promotion from a global perspective.
- Describe the major international health status indicators and their data sources.
- Assess the influence of the Ottawa Charter on health promotion programs in other countries.
- List major behavior change strategies used in selected countries.
- Explain the range of health promotion services at local, state, and national levels for selected countries.
- Compare and contrast the health status of selected countries according to behavioral, environmental, and policy factors.