COH370 Alternative Healthcare
Course DescriptionFocus is on providing an understanding of complementary and integrative therapies. The historical context and theoretical basis as well as the most recent scientific research and clinical applications will be explored. The most prevalent complementary therapies in use today will be discussed.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on current complementary and alternative therapies.
- Discuss the evidence-base of alternative and integrative therapies.
- Identify evidence-based alternative medical therapies.
- Identify evidence-based complementary medical modalities.
- Identify evidence-based traditional ethno-medical systems.
- Discuss the integrated medical model.