COH320 Chronic andamp; Communicable Disease
Introduction to concepts of pathological process from a public health viewpoint. Consideration of historical and contemporary disease patterns based on an understanding of pathogenic, behavioral, and environmental dimensions.
- Define the spectrum of disease as they occur in humans alone and shared by humans and animals.
- Explain surveillance systems and their contributions to disease control.
- Discuss how disease is measured.
- Analyze causal factors for disease.
- Evaluate the contributions of risk factors to controlling disease.
- Explain the continuum of prevention to intervention in controlling disease.
- Trace the changing nature of disease impacts on health since data were collected.