COH310 Culture and Health
Course DescriptionFocus is on the influence of culture on illness, health, and rehabilitation. The relationship that culture plays in the health and wellness of both individuals and the community in which they live will be explored.
- Identify and evaluate Internet sources on culture and health.
- Discuss the role of culture on health and wellness.
- Differentiate culture difference and similarities.
- Discuss the role of culture and mental health.
- Discuss the role of culture and physical health.
- Discuss the role of culture with prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Discuss culturally sensitive health issues.
- Discuss how global health affects health in the United States.