COH150 Healthcare Terminology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Course DescriptionPresentation of healthcare service terminology and word forms. Includes language describing health and disease. Emphasizes development of medical vocabulary employing the building of terms for application in understanding and analysis of medical records.
- Define healthcare services terminology used by service providers.
- Identify terms commonly used in health services environments.
- Distinguish between terms appropriate to anatomy and physiology, drug classes, and diagnostic tests.
- Define commonly used abbreviations and symbols.
- Explain terminology used by healthcare managers, regulators, information systems experts, and healthcare financial professionals.