PLA201 English for Professionals
Lead Faculty: Bryan Hance J.D., LL.M
Teaches legal professionals to write well by examining English, composition, grammar, punctuation, and writing mechanics in the context of good legal writing. Students complete focused exercises designed to build their legal vocabulary and enable them to draft discourses.
- Analyze and edit their own writing.
- Apply rules of standard American English grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Apply rules of standard American English composition.
- Explain methods for properly constructing sentences.
- Explain methods for properly developing paragraphs.
- Identify the key components to a properly drafted essay.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.