PAD626 Public Personnel Policy
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far DPA
An examination of the important aspects of personnel management in government, including civil service procedures, affirmative action, employee motivation and organizational development.
- Identify and contrast the major issues involved in such policy areas as economic regulation, income support, energy, environment, health care, education, immigration and civil rights.
- Identify key historical developments in public personnel relative to current trends and practices in managing public service workers.
- Identify major public personnel functions and describe the role they perform in the overall public sector process.
- Analyze decision-making practices dealing with the recruitment, selection, training, and performance evaluation of government employees.
- Explain the issues and approaches to determining compensation and benefits and their influence on labor-management relationships.
- Analyze how the changing global society and multicultural environment impacts the management of the employment contract.
- Analyze and evaluate negotiation strategies between labor and management in relation to the representation of workers and the good of society.