PAD100 Public Policy & Admin Basics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far
A survey course of the crucial elements of the contemporary field of public administration. It includes vocabulary, critical concepts, history and development and the field, major theories and theorists and principal sub-fields of public administration. It presents the student to program resources; develop critical thinking, reasoning skills, and permit students to investigate this field.
- Understand the requirements for the AA with a specialization in PA and effectively prepare an AA course of study.
- Undertake basic level research and communication activities.
- Identify major theories and theorists in the development of the filed of public administration, and the major periods in its evolution.
- Develop an understanding the roles of public administrators in contemporary public organizations, with an emphasis on the ethical dimensions of the professions.
- Develop an understanding of the major sub-fields in public administration: content, relationships and professional requirements.