Referral Scholarship Terms & Conditions
National University (“NU”) is proud to offer the Referral Scholarship. This scholarship will award a $1,000 tuition reduction scholarship for new students that have been selected as a Referral Scholarship recipient. The award will be applied in 4 disbursements of $250 for the first four courses taken by the recipient.
NU reserves the right to modify, revise, or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, as reasonably necessary. Although NU may attempt to notify prospective and current recipients when such changes are made to these Terms and Conditions, recipients should periodically review the most up-to-date version found at https://www.nu.edu/refer-a-friend/redeem/. NU may, in its sole discretion, change or discontinue this scholarship opportunity at any time. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
To be considered eligible for the Referral Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Begin a new associate’s bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Meet all admissions requirements of NU.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in advance of submitting their application.
- Once enrolled, scholarship recipient must not receive or be eligible to receive a total of 25% or more tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, preferred tuition rate, other scholarships and/or private scholarships, except for Veteran’s Administration GI benefits, Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, military tuition assistance and Title IV financial aid funding (“Financial Eligibility”). Not a current NU student nor have enrolled or otherwise attempted to complete or completed any previous NU credits or programs. Applicants are subject to financial verification by NU.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS AND RELEASES
- Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by NU in its sole discretion. NU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, suspend or make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions of the Referral Scholarship, including, but not limited to, the eligibility criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the award.
- NU and its employees, officers, trustees, affiliates, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this scholarship, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Terms and Conditions, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any Referral Scholarship. NU may correct any such errors in its sole discretion.
- NU makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Referral Scholarship. Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Referral Scholarship is at an applicant’s sole risk and NU is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Referral Scholarship.
- NU is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network services, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Regardless of any action taken by NU pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, nothing shall prohibit NU from seeking any other lawful remedies to which NU may be entitled in the event any representations or releases made by the Scholarship applicant or recipient are false.
- Award Use
- Scholarships that are awarded to the recipients may only be credited to their accounts and used to assist with the payment of their tuition in an eligible program and are not redeemable in cash.
- No student will receive more than one Referral Scholarship. If a recipient fails to qualify for a consecutive Referral Scholarship, they will no longer be eligible for the scholarship
- No student will receive more than one offer of assistance from NU, such as other scholarships, grants, technology awards, or preferred tuition rates.
- Any Scholarship funds that are awarded may not be used for the purchase of books, any fees that may be applicable to their degree program, room and board, or outside materials (computers, internet service etc.).
- Scholarship funding will apply $250 per-course for the first (4) four courses. If a student does not take (4) four courses, the remaining scholarship funding will be forfeit.
- For recipients using Federal Financial Aid (FFA), the applicant understands that a scholarship award is financial assistance and counts toward the student’s cost of attendance. As such, the amount of FFA available to the student may be impacted. The Student Financial Services team will conduct a financial review of all Scholarship winners and articulate any changes needed to the respective recipients.
- Any courses accepted as transfer from another school to an NU degree plan will only reduce the necessary coursework required to complete a degree at NU and will not result in any additional unused scholarship funds.
- Courses taken under the Scholarship may be recorded against the student’s calendar year 1098-T.
- All existing student policies located in the NU Catalog and these Terms and Conditions must be adhered to while the recipient is a student at NU.
- For the duration of the award, students must be succeeding in their degree program. Undergraduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0. Graduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Should a Scholarship recipient withdraw or be dismissed from NU prior to disbursement of all Scholarship funds awarded to them, the balance of the tuition funds awarded, but not disbursed, will be terminated and will not be available to the student for future courses.
- If a Scholarship recipient withdraws from a course or receives a non-passing grade, the cost to retake the course later will not be discounted by the Referral Scholarship.
- The Referral Scholarship will fund only the first 4 courses and those courses must be taken within a calendar year of the award date.
- Scholarship funds may only be applied to courses in the recipient’s original academic program following award of the scholarship, except as follows: (1) the recipient opts to transfer to a new academic program prior to completion of 33% or more of the courses in the original academic program, or (2) the recipient opts to transfer to a new specialization within the original academic program prior to completion of 33% or more of the courses in the original specialization. Scholarship funds are not otherwise transferable.