Affiliations and memberships that strengthen National University and its quality.
Since 1977, National University has been accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
The University is also:
- Accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Accredited by the National Council on the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) for educator preparation programs
- Approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at National University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791
- Designated as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE IAE) for the Master of Science in Cyber Security and Information Assurance program
- Approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) for the offering of the Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies, Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies, and Paralegal Specialist Certificates
- Approved by the Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE) for the offering of the Professional Certificate in Marine Technology
- Accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH) for the offering of the Master of Public Health
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) for the offering of the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) for the BS Radiation Therapy program
- Approved by the Nevada State Board of Education
- Certified by the Society of Human Resource Management for the Masters of Arts in Human Resource Management
- A member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- A member of the Council of Colleges of Arts and Sciences (CCAS)
- A member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP) through its American Language and Intercultural Studies program
Business Program Accreditation Notice:
The College of Professional Studies at National University has received specialized accreditation for its business program through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.