Concentrated residency experience in which the student will critically and accurately assess, plan intervene and evaluate nursing experiences related to the care of individuals, aggregates, and nursing systems. Required 240 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. FNP 685A and FNP 685B must be taken concurrently. Grading is S/U only.
- Formulate treatment modalities derived from current and emerging areas of knowledge for advanced nursing practice.
- Evaluate research findings to support best practices in advanced practice nursing and health systems.
- Select decision support systems to solve clinical problems for individuals, aggregates, and/or systems.
- Develop advanced leadership skills to mobilize interdisciplinary teams to solve highly complex clinical problems.
- Develop expertise to inform health policy and leadership in establishing clinical excellence and creating new models of health care delivery.
- Assess the health outcomes of individuals, aggregates, and systems.
- Synthesize knowledge of cultural diversity and global perspectives in delivering health care and in critiquing nursing systems.
- Examine the utilization of telecommunication technologies and information systems in the delivery and documentation of primary care services.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services