Opportunity to explore advanced topics in health coaching. Students will demonstrate learning through assignments including: reading of primary texts, virtual discussions and application of learned material via written work. Students will acquire a depth of knowledge and understanding of ways to serve their clients as health coach.
- Evaluate models of wellness coaching.
- Demonstrate an understanding of motivational interviewing and related communication styles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core skills of motivational interviewing and when to use it, as well as why it is important for health coaching.
- Define ‘change talk’ and how to use it to help coaching clients get ‘unstuck’ and move forward.
- Create a Coaching Agreement and Policies and Procedures manual.
- Discuss ambivalence and motivation and how to determine when either or both are occurring in a coaching conversation.
- Recognize how and when to use tools with clients and develop a personal Coaching Toolkit.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services