Two-month capstone project focused on a relevant problem in health informatics theory or practice. Planning and completion of either a data-based research project or other scholarship or creative activity. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for an "IP" grade.
- Identify a relevant problem related to the theory or practice of health informatics.
- Conduct an exhaustive review of literature related to a problem in health informatics and summarize that review in writing.
- Formulate a valid solution to a problem in health informatics, either in the form of a testable hypothesis or in the form of a scholarly activity.
- Collect empirical data applicable to an empirical hypothesis or gather resources necessary to support scholarly activity in health informatics.
- Complete either a data-based research study or other scholarly activity.
- Perform a professional quality oral presentation describing the outcomes of either a research study or scholarly activity.
- Complete a professional quality written report describing the outcome of either a research study or scholarly activity.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services