Focuses on reading and conducting research in health and human performance. Research approaches and procedures will be explored. Examples of various research methods and techniques will be discussed. A research proposal will be developed.
- Discuss the relationship between research and a profession.
- Select a suitable research problem.
- Systematically review and analyze literature relevant to a selected problem.
- Understand the role of hypothesis and hypothesis testing in the research process.
- Know when it is appropriate to use the different methods of collecting data.
- Discuss ethical concerns in research, the importance of informed consent, and the role of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in approving research activities.
- Discuss experimental research and how it is conducted.
- Discuss techniques commonly used in experimental research.
- Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative research.
- Outline the general process for conceptualizing a qualitative study, forming a research question, collecting and analyzing data and writing up the research report.
- Discuss why and how a meta-analysis is conducted.
- Interpret correctly each of the statistics commonly used by research.
- Understand and evaluate common statistical tests when reported in the research literature.
- Develop an appreciation for health research.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services