Focuses on planning, organizing, decision-making, staffing, leading or directing, communication and motivating health care personnel. Evolving trends in management, classic management theories, budget preparation and justification, training design and labor union contracts are explored.
- Discuss specific strategies for initiating change within an organization.
- Discuss phases of the organizational life cycle and selected management strategies to enhance organizational survival.
- Discuss the integration of clinical practice and management skills in the work setting.
- Compare and contrast the scientific management approach, behavioralists and human relations approach, structuralism, management process, quantitative or operations approach, and systems approach to management.
- Differentiate between strategic planning and other types of planning.
- Apply the major components of the clinical decision-making process.
- Compare and contrast different types of organizational designs and the use in health care organizations.
- Discuss factors that contribute to job satisfaction and retention and recruitment.
- Discuss the concept of Six Sigma strategies and its place in the management process.
- Differentiate between traditional budgeting, zero-based budgeting and the planning & programming budget process.
- Discuss the advantages as well as the disadvantages of committees.
- Discuss theories of employee motivation and origins of conflict in an organization and ways to address constructively, and employee orientation and training programs .
- Compare and contrast power, influence authority and delegation of authority.
- Discuss the essential components of successful interpersonal communication.
- Apply the classic management functions (Planning, decision-making, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling) in the practice setting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services