Gain the specialized skills you need to advance in school administrative services by earning a Preliminary Administrative Service Credential (California Option). This program is designed for professionals who are committed to improving education and want to get to the next level in public school administration. Throughout the program, you’ll analyze the process for creating, stewarding, and communicating a shared vision that includes school-wide goals for improving teaching and learning. You’ll also explore ways that schools can engage communities to promote their shared vision.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of the stewardship of effective instructional practices.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Analyze the collaborative, ongoing processes of data-based school growth plans.
- Critique systems for the provision of professional growth opportunities for school teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Examine the complex interaction of all of a school’s systems to promote teaching and learning.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.