Build a solid foundation in math and its many applications with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. The program emphasizes reflective and conceptual understanding and technique by giving you the fundamental mathematical knowledge to formulate and solve problems. If you’re interested in a basic mathematics degree, this program will fulfill all requirements and can also be shaped to train mathematics teachers who want to work in primary or secondary schools.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Use language and mathematical symbols to communicate mathematical ideas in the connections and interplay among various mathematical topics and their applications that cover a range of phenomena across appropriate disciplines.
- Use current technology tools, such as computers, calculators, graphing utilities, video, and interactive programs that are appropriate for the research and study in mathematics.
- Employ algebra and number theory ideas and tools as a base of a fundamental language of mathematics research and communication.
- Develop fundamental knowledge in geometry.
- Model real-world problems with a variety of algebraic and transcendental functions.
- Use advanced statistics and probability concepts and methods.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences