Learn how to collaborate with a team in understanding the theories and practical application of manufacturing design engineering by enrolling in the Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Design Engineering. You’ll use state-of-the-art, computer-aided tools and simulation modeling techniques to design complex engineering devices while developing a realistic awareness of product life cycles and engineering systems. You’ll explore the impact of human factors such as ergonomics and safety issues required in engineering systems, products, and services design.
Throughout the manufacturing engineer degree program, your team will study actual production and design problems to develop useful and effective manufacturing systems. The program develops communication skills and provides the global and team awareness needed to succeed as a manufacturing design engineer.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Combine knowledge and practices needed to work on engineering projects that require innovative and interdisciplinary skills.
- Utilize product reliability and design optimization concepts in engineering applications.
- Apply state-of-the-art, computer-aided engineering tools and engineering graphics techniques and methodologies.
- Integrate engineering project management standards for efficient and competitive design of engineering products and processes.
- Apply the concepts of engineering experiment design and analysis.
- Analyze a production problem and design and/or develop a manufacturing system.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.