Request for Information
National University Proudly Partners with FALCK
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with FALCK, supporting public safety professionals like you, who protect and serve our communities every day. Through our Public Safety Promise, we’re committed to providing affordable and accessible higher education designed to help you advance your career and reach your goals.
About the Partnership
To show our appreciation for the work that you do, National University is offering a 25% Tuition Scholarship for over 75 flexible degree programs*. Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree or certification. Our programs support public safety personnel at all levels and roles with programs related to:
- Healthcare Administration and Community Health
- Healthcare Data, Systems, and Informatics
- Management and Organizational Leadership
- Behavioral Health
- and more!
All members of FALCK, spouses , and dependents also receive a 25% Tuition Scholarship.
“Few things serve a person better than a commitment to being a lifelong learner. At Falck, we encourage educational opportunities on the job and through higher education. We strive to change lives and give our patients a chance to improve their health.”
Falck Mobile Health
San Diego, CA
To apply for your tuition reduction scholarship, fill out this form and send it directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an Account Specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options!
Integrating Person-Centered Care Principles into Academia
National University’s Department of Health and Human Services achieved Planetree Silver Recognition for Significant Advancement in Person-Centered Care in October 2017. National University is proud to be the first and only academic institution in the world to achieve a Planetree International recognition.
To attain this honor, National University integrated person-centered principles into the curriculum of each of its health care programs of study. In preparing the next generation of health care leaders, National University transformed the academic culture of its health science programs into a student-centric model, using person-centeredness as the conceptual framework to support all learning activities. Integrating these principles means students are able to gain knowledge and application of the principles throughout your coursework, preparing them to support a culture of person-centered care.
As a student, you will learn to:
- Effectively interact with diverse populations
- Function in inter-professional settings as team members including faculty, staff, students, patients, and community members
- Collaborate to effect change
- Serve on committees, build professional leadership skills, and the importance of letting your voice be heard
- Make the connection between environment and the way it makes people feel
- Be supportive and engaging of patients and colleagues
- Recognize and address personal barriers to successful professional development and adoption of healthy behaviors
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 75+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
- Planetree Certified building person-centered care principles into academic degree programs.
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
National University also gives credit for prior career training programs, including:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training Course Credit
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 6 quarter units, savings of $2,200
About National University
National University, a veteran-founded nonprofit, has been dedicated to meeting the needs of hard-working adults by providing accessible, affordable, achievable higher education opportunities since 1971. As San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university, NU offers over 75 online and on-site programs and flexible four-week courses designed to help students reach their goals while balancing busy lives. Since its founding, the NU community has grown to over 25,000 students and 180,000 alumni around the globe, many of whom serve in helping industries such as business, education, health care, cybersecurity, and law and criminal justice.
*Nursing and Radiation Therapy and Doctoral Programs excluded
For More Information
Please fill out the form to the right to be contacted by an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, education counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
National University, a California-based institution, makes continual efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and to obtain required approvals. Since these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.
*Pre-licensure nursing programs are not eligible for this program. Other offer restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact National University.