Dynamics of World Politics
An examination of international relations and politics, the factors underlying international crises from different theoretical perspectives and the future of the global community. Explores the historical and intellectual antecedents of contemporary world events.
- Describe terms associated with the study of international politics.
- Evaluate major characteristics of theories of world politics.
- Analyze the major factors underlying international relations in light of the transformation of the international system since the end of the Cold War.
- Evaluate the foreign policies of the major powers with special emphasis on the changing nature of national issues.
- Assess the role of international organizations in confronting the changing character of conflict and its resolution.
- Assess the impact of globalization and the restructuring of the political economies of the developed and developing world.
- compare and contrast the past international system to the transformation in international political relations since 1989 and in light of September 11, 2001.
- Offer potential solutions to transnational problems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences