Guided Thesis/Project Research
Instructor-guided advanced research on students#8217; specific Thesis or Multimedia Project topics. May be repeated. Grading is by H, S or U only.
- Assemble the most relevant secondary sources for addressing the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Select the most pertinent primary sources for answering the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Evaluate primary sources they have selected in accordance with professional historical standards.
- Situate their research project within its proper historiographic context.
- Integrate relevant secondary sources into their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Synthesize relevant primary sources into their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Defend the original contribution their project will make to historical studies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences