Seminar in Modern Middle East
Focused examination of primary and secondary sources as well as advanced research in the current scholarly literature on Middle Eastern history since ca. 1450 C.E. Areas may include, but are not limited to, political, economic, intellectual, cultural, social, environmental and diplomatic history.
- Lead a college seminar discussion on an issue in the area of Modern Middle East (MME) history.
- Pose and respond to questions amenable to historical study and research within the area of MME history.
- Use historical and scholarly resources and databases effectively and efficiently.
- Situate and evaluate an historical project in relation to relevant MME historiography.
- Situate and evaluate an historical project in relation to relevant primary sources.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences